Great that you are considering Channable, a trade name of ProductImpulse B.V., as your next employer! When you apply for a job at Channable, e.g. via our online application form, you will provide us with certain information about yourself.
Channable acts as the data controller in the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) for the processing of your personal data in connection with your job application. The concept of ‘personal data’ includes all information about an identified or identifiable natural person.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any additional questions. You can reach us at:
Kromme Nieuwegracht 66
3512 HL Utrecht
Tel: +31 (0)30 260 08 21
In dealing with your job application, we process the following data provided by you or obtained via a third party, e.g. a referent:
• Contact details, including telephone number and email address;
• Content of your CV or resume (e.g. your photo, address, gender, educational attainment, date of birth, availability etc.);
• Certificates, references and where relevant: assessment results;
• Cover letter or input in the online application form with information about yourself and your reasons for applying;
• Whether you live in our near Utrecht or are willing to move;
• Whether you are allowed to work in the Netherlands;
• Your input on questions specific to a certain job opening, e.g. whether you speak a certain language;
• Any personal data on web-presence pages that you mention in the online application form and that you request us to check out;
• Your opinion on our company values;
• References as provided by you and/or your referent, data regarding the position applied for, notes of interviews and written communication with you.
If you act as a referent for one of our job applicants, we will process your contact details and the content of the reference you provide. We may contact you to check or obtain references.
We process your personal data on the basis of one or more of the following legal processing grounds:
a) If this is necessary for the performance of an agreement to which you are a party or to perform precontractual acts at your request;
b) If this is necessary to comply with statutory obligations;
c) If this is necessary to justify our legitimate interests or the interests of a third party;
d) Your consent.
If we process your personal data on the basis of your consent, we will ask you for it separately. You may withdraw your consent at any time. Channable draws your attention to the fact that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
Channable uses the above personal data for the purposes stated below, in respect of which we have indicated for each purpose on the basis of which of the abovementioned legal processing grounds (a through d) Channable does so. If the processing is based on the principle of ‘legitimate interest’, we briefly explain this interest. If you have any specific questions in this respect, please do not hesitate to contact us.
• To handle your job application, more specifically:
a) Recruitment and selection;
b) Assessment of suitability for a position with Channable;
c) Internal checks and business security service;
d) Improving our job application procedure;
e) Dealing with your questions, comments, and complaints and communicating with you.
(a, b, c: our legitimate interest in assessing whether you are suitable for the job opening and d: consent if you wish to remain in our portfolio, see the header: “How long does Channable retain your personal data?”)
• To comply with our legal and statutory obligations (b, c: the interest of being able to meet these obligations).
We can share your personal data with:
• Suppliers (for example software suppliers and assessment agencies);
• With Channable’s legal successors if Channable is acquired by or merged with another company, for example through bankruptcy and also with third parties involved in such proposed or actual business transaction;
• Courts and government institutions;
• Other parties, such as regulators and other authorities where required by law or with your consent.
In order to deal with your application, Channable might need to transfer your personal data to a recipient in a country outside the European Economic Area with a lower degree of protection of personal data than the European law offers. In that case, Channable will ensure that such a transfer of personal data is in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, for example by concluding a model contract prepared and approved for that purpose by the European Commission and will assess whether any additional measures are necessary to guarantee an appropriate level of protection of your personal data. Please do not hesitate to reach out to Channable if you wish to receive more information about the appropriate or suitable safeguards in place for data transfers outside of the European Economic Area or if you would like to obtain a copy of them.
• The personal data processed by Channable for your job application will be retained for up to four weeks after the end of the application procedure. With your consent, we will retain your personal data in our portfolio up to one year after termination of the application process. This will give us the possibility to contact you for possible future job openings at Channable. 30 days before the expiration of your consent Channable will contact you via email to ask whether you would like to renew your consent for another one year period and in order to do so, we request that you upload your updated CV and personal information. Your previously uploaded information will be deleted in order to ensure that Channable keeps the information that we process about you up to date;
• Personal data that you have provided in the context of your application will become part of your personnel file when you start working for Channable.
The abovementioned specific retention periods can be extended if statutory retention obligations apply or will become applicable. Channable may also retain the personal data for a longer period of time if this is necessary in light of Channable’ legitimate interests, e.g. for the handling of incidents and/or legal disputes.
Channable has taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to secure your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against loss, destruction, damage, modification or publication. If you have any questions about the security of your personal data, or if you suspect or see signs of misuse, please contact Channable via email@example.com.
You have the following rights in respect of the processing of your personal data by Channable:
• the right to request whether Channable processes your personal data and if so, the right to access your personal data and to receive information about the processing of your personal data;
• the right to rectification of your personal data if these are incorrect or incomplete;
• the right to have your personal data deleted (‘right to be forgotten’);
• the right to object to the processing of your personal data;
• the right to limit the processing of your personal data;
• the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data, if the processing is based on your consent;
• the right to receive or surrender your personal data to a third party appointed by you in a structured, customary and machine-readable form (‘right to data portability’).
Channable does not make use of automated decision-making in the sense of Article 22 GDPR in the light of the application process.
To exercise your rights, you can us via the abovementioned contact details.
In order to prevent that Channable discloses information to the wrong person, Channable can ask you for additional information to verify your identity. In principle, Channable will inform you of whether Channable can comply with your request, within one month after receipt. In specific cases, for example when it concerns a complex request, this term may be extended by two months. Channable will inform you of such an extension within one month after receiving your request. On the basis of the applicable privacy legislation, Channable can refuse your request under certain circumstances. If this is the case, Channable will explain to you why. You can find more information about your privacy rights on the website of the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data by Channable, we will be happy to work together to find a solution. If this does not lead to the desired result, you will have the right to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority. In the Netherlands, this is the Dutch Data Protection Authority. If you live or work in another country of the European Union, you can file a complaint with the supervisory authority of that country.