While using our Service, we may gather or ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact, identify and invoice you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your email address, name, phone number, postal address, bank account number, and other information (above and hereafter: "Personal Data").
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's IP address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use Third Party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this information, including Personal Data, in order to increase our Service's functionality. These Third Party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
When you use our Site, we may receive Personal Data about you from Third Parties through authorization that you may have provided to the Third Party for sharing such information with us. This information could include, but is not limited to, the user ID associated with your account, an access token necessary to access that service, any information that you have permitted the Third Party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with that Third-Party service. For example, while using our Site for receiving our MCC invites for Google Ads connection, we ask for Google log-in and OAuth consent for Google Ads. On successful authentication, Google will pass information with your consent about your use of its requested service to us. Here, we request the Client Customer IDs of the Google Ads accounts that the user can access.
Finally, we collect Personal Data where we act as a data processor. We process Personal Data on behalf of our customers in the context of supporting the Service. Where a customer subscribes to our Service for their online store, system or platform, they are able to retrieve Personal Data from consumers and/or businesses from their account(s) at online marketplaces or platforms as, but not limited to, Amazon and eBay. When an order has been placed at such a marketplace or platform, we collect and store the order data (including Personal Data) to collectively send it to the system or platform of our customers.
The Personal Data we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To deal with your inquiries and requests.
- To create and administer records about any online account that you register with us.
- To provide you with information and access to resources that you have requested from us.
- To provide you with technical support (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs).
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you), including to improve the navigation and content of our sites.
- For website and system administration and security.
- For general business purposes, including to improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs), to help us improve the content and functionality of our Service, to better understand our users, to protect against wrongdoing, to enforce our Terms and Conditions, and to generally manage our business.
- To process transactions and to provide Services to our customers and end-users.
- For recruitment purposes, where you apply for a job with us.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site features.
- To improve advertising campaigns, primarily in an effort to prevent targeting of impressions via third-party channels when they are not relevant.
- To send e-mails, both either periodic or one off. The e-mail addresses you provide for invoicing or support questions will be used to send you information regarding payments, invoicing or answers to your questions as well as proactively for important Cookies updates of our Service. When it is in accordance with your marketing preferences, we will send occasional marketing e-mails about our Service, which you can unsubscribe from at any time using the link provided in the message.
- To make sure you can access the third-party accounts to which connection has been requested for our services. For example, the provided Client Customer ID of the Google Ads account is verified for the requested connection. The Client Customer ID will be not stored and also not shared with third parties.
We employ third party companies and individuals (before and hereafter: “Third Party” or “Third Parties”) to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These Third Parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. We will only share your Personal Data with Third Parties in certain circumstances:
- In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event, your Personal Data may be sold, disposed of, transferred, or otherwise disclosed as part of that transaction.
- We may also disclose information about you to Third Parties where we believe it necessary or appropriate under law, for example: (1) to protect or defend our rights, interests, or property or that of Third Parties; (2) to comply with legal process, judicial orders, or subpoenas; (3) to respond to requests from public or government authorities, including for national security and law enforcement purposes; (4) to prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services or to enforce our Terms of Service; (5) to protect the vital interests of our users, customers, and other Third Parties.
- We may use and share aggregated non-Personal Data with third parties for marketing, advertising, and analytics purposes. We do not sell or trade your Personal Data to Third Parties.
- We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
Security measures and protection
The security of your Personal Data is important to us. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. However, Channable in its sole discretion undertakes certain security measures aimed at protecting against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of Personal Data. It is your responsibility to safeguard your password and login details. If you know or suspect that your password is known to others, please contact us so we can take immediate measures. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your Personal Data when you enter, submit or access your Personal Data. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. For more information about the measures taken, please review our Data Security.
International data transfer
- Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction. Please note that we transfer the information, including Personal Data, to servers in the European Union to store and process it there. Non-Personal Data that is used by our Service can be stored in various locations including, without limitations, other EU countries, the United States of America or Asia.
Third Party Links
- Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 ("Children or Child"). We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from Children. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from a Child without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that Personal Data from our servers.
- We may retain your Personal Data as long as you continue to use the Services, have an account with us, or for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in the policy. You can ask to close your account by contacting us at the details above, and we will delete your Personal Data on request. Backups of the data will be destroyed after 30 days.
We may, however, retain Personal Data for an additional period as is permitted or required under applicable laws, for legal, tax, or regulatory reasons, or for legitimate and lawful business purposes.
Your privacy rights
- You have the following rights in respect of the processing of your Personal Data by us when we act as the data controller for the processing of your Personal Data. Please note that if we act as a data processor for our customers, you can exercise your rights at the respective customer.
- the right to request whether we process your Personal Data and if so, the right to access your Personal Data and to receive information about the processing of your Personal Data;
- the right to rectification of your Personal Data if these are incorrect or incomplete;
- the right to have your Personal Data deleted (‘right to be forgotten’);
- the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data or to limit the processing of your Personal Data;
- the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your Personal Data, if the processing is based on your consent;
- the right to receive or surrender your Personal Data to a Third Party appointed by you in a structured, customary and machine-readable form (‘right to data portability’).
We do not use automated decision-making within the meaning of Article 22 GDPR.
- To exercise your rights, you can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or via the address mentioned in the introduction.
In order to prevent that we disclose information to the wrong person, we can ask you for additional information to verify your identity. In principle, we will inform you of whether we can comply with your request, within one month after receipt. In specific cases, for example when it concerns a complex request, this term may be extended by two months. We will inform you of such an extension within one month after receiving your request. On the basis of the applicable privacy legislation, we can refuse your request under certain circumstances. If this is the case, we will explain to you why. You can find more information about your privacy rights on the website of the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
- If you have a complaint about the processing of your Personal Data by us, we will be happy to work together to find a solution. If this does not lead to the desired result, you will have the right to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority. In the Netherlands, this is the Dutch Data Protection Authority. If you live or work in another country of the European Union, you can file a complaint with the supervisory authority of that country.