We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join our development team.
In this position you will be part of the product team, that works on our main web application. You will mainly be working on our Python3 backend, which powers our API and serves as the main entry point for our services. You will also be working on our API integrations, ads services, our export channels, new user-facing features, and our background jobs through which we process hundreds of millions of products per day. You will also be closely working together with our Infrastructure and DevOps teams, which are working on many other services that power Channable under the hood. Your tasks will include the following:
- Contributing to our Python components and support new API’s
- Design, development and testing of new product features
- Collaborate with and review PRs of other team members
- Improve the reliability and robustness of our application
- Work on scalability and performance improvements
- Work together with the sales and support teams on requirements and issues
We are using the following technologies and tools:
- Languages: Python, SQL
- Libraries: Flask, SQLAlchemy, Click, requests, async, logging
- Tools: Postgres, Redis, GCS, Alembic, mypy, pip, Sentry, Icepeak
If you want to read more about our development adventures, check out our tech blog: https://tech.channable.com/
You can also take a look at some of our open-source work at https://github.com/channable to get a feeling of how we work together and what our code looks like.
Who are we looking for?
It’s important to us that you fit well into our team. Additionally, the following elements are required:
- Excellent programming skills in Python
- Experience with web development, web technologies and APIs
- Good understanding of HTTP, TLS/SSL and TCP/IP
- Familiarity with SQL and relational databases, preferably Postgres
- Good working knowledge of Linux, git and the command-line
- Committed to high engineering standards
- Living in The Netherlands (or willing to relocate) and in possession of a work permit (if you’re a non-EU citizen).
And then there are some things that are ‘nice to have’:
- Experience in tuning and scaling a big application
- Familiar with functional programming and its concepts
- Having worked with distributed systems before
- DevOps mentality
What do we offer?
- Challenging part-time or full-time function with space for personal initiative
- An interesting job within a talented team, with different levels of experience
- Competitive salary
- Career opportunities within Channable
- Working for a fast growing company with a young and ambitious team
- Awesome office in the city center of Utrecht (Janskerkhof)
What does Channable do?
We are a young and fast-growing start-up from Utrecht focusing on the e-commerce and online marketing sectors. We have developed the leading feed management solution for e-tailers of all sizes, from the small online shop around the corner to the big players like Nike and IKEA. Our product is the largest online marketing tool in the Benelux. But what is Channable exactly?
We provide an online marketing tool for online retailers and marketers to easily place products on comparison sites, marketplaces, and affiliate networks, worldwide!
Channable was founded five years ago and currently consists of a young team of 80 employees.
Our open and modern office is located right in the center of Utrecht, it’s easily reachable by bike and public transport and there are plenty of restaurants and food carts to choose from around it. We offer an open and respectful working atmosphere, where challenging work is balanced with breaks to play ping-pong, Xbox or just hanging back on our comfortable couch. We also regularly go out for drinks or dinner together and have the occasional office party.
Are you interested? Please send your CV to email@example.com or use the button below. Don’t forget to include a link to your Github profile (if you have one)! We will go through your CV and respond to your application within one week. If you piqued our curiosity, you will be invited for an interview in our office in Utrecht, or through Skype if you don’t live in the area (yet). Your starting date is flexible, but preferably as soon as possible.