We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our infrastructure team. You will be working on the backend of a complex distributed web application consisting of a number of different services, written in Haskell and Python.
In this position you will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of new and old features in our application. You will also be working on scaling our Haskell applications to the next level, where we can handle another order of magnitude increase in throughput while keeping our app fast and responsive. You will be a part of our development team and work closely together with the other team members. We value the readability, maintainability and testability of our codebase and look for someone who shares these values.
If you would like to get a feeling of how we work together and what our code looks like you can take a look at some of our open-source work at https://github.com/channable.
You can also take a look at our tech blog at https://tech.channable.com.
Our Stack includes: Haskell, Python, PostgreSQL, Redis, Ansible, Terraform, Ember.js, Prometheus
And we run all of our infrastructure on Google Cloud Platform.
- Excellent programming skills in a functional language, preferably Haskell
- Experience with web development, web technologies and APIs
- Familiarity with SQL and relational databases, preferably Postgres
- Good working knowledge of Linux, git, and the command-line
- Committed to high engineering standards
- Living in The Netherlands (or willing to relocate) and in possession of a work permit (if you’re a non-EU citizen)
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Haskell libraries like warp, conduit, async, servant, aeson, compact
- Familiar with Python or other dynamic languages
- Experience in tuning and scaling a big application
- Having worked with distributed systems before
- Interested in automation and fast builds
- Design, development, and testing of new product features
- Collaborate with and review PRs of other team members
- Improve the reliability and robustness of our application
- Work on scalability and performance improvements
- Work together with our product and DevOps teams on requirements and issues
- Challenging part-time or full-time function with space for personal initiative
- Competitive salary
- Career opportunities within Channable
- Working for a fast growing company with a young and ambitious team
- Awesome office in the city center of Utrecht (Janskerkhof)
What does Channable do?
We are a young and fast-growing start-up from Utrecht focusing on the e-commerce and online marketing sectors. We have developed the leading feed management solution for e-tailers of all sizes, from the small online shop around the corner to the big players like Nike and IKEA. Our product is the largest online marketing tool in the Benelux. But what is Channable exactly?
We provide an online marketing tool for online retailers and marketers to easily place products on comparison sites, marketplaces, and affiliate networks, worldwide!
Channable was founded five years ago and currently consists of a young team of more than 75 employees.
Our open and modern office is located right in the center of Utrecht, it’s easily reachable by bike and public transport and there are plenty of restaurants and food carts to choose from around it. We offer an open and respectful working atmosphere, where challenging work is balanced with breaks to play ping-pong, Xbox or just hanging back on our comfortable couch. We also regularly go out for drinks or dinner together and have the occasional office party.
Are you interested? Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the button below. Don’t forget to include a link to your Github profile (if you have one)! We will go through your CV and respond to your application within one week. If you piqued our curiosity, you will be invited for an interview in our office in Utrecht, or through Skype if you don’t live in the area (yet). Your starting date is flexible, but preferably as soon as possible.